Friday, 15 August 2008

Barossa Valley~~~

It was indeed a fun day trip to barossa valley & hahndorf today with CK's family~! I've been wanted to go to barossa valley since last year however I can't get any companion to go with me. I was supposed to follow devil friend there during last holiday but I missed the chance~! What a waste~! Imagine devil friend had been there for thrice and only today, I finally able to step into the region of barossa valley~! My "dreams" come had finally come true because of my DEVIL FRIEND~! Happy happy happy~!!!

Our first destination is whispering wall. This is an amazing structure~! Imagine you can talk to one another clearly through a distance of 2meter~! That's the fantastic building structure by human~! I suppose this should be architectural or civil design~! *applaud to the designer*


Next we headed to lavender farm. I used to love the smell of lavender, however this is the first time I visited to a lavender farm and the smell of lavender made me feel disgusting! Maybe the smell is just too strong which I dislike it~! Actually we could hardly find lavender blossom during this season~! Probably I'd be coming back again by the end of the year and by hope, I should have able to have a sight of the blossom lavender~!



Our 3rd destination is Jacob's Creek. Jacob's creek is famous in producing red wine. There are different types of red wine provided for tourist to taste in visitor's center. Again, this is not the right season for visiting the vineyard~! We only managed to see withered vineyard~~!



The final attraction that we visited is sculpture park. Actually I don't think I have any sense of "art cell" therefore I can't enjoy there~!



After the attraction in barossa region, we headed to hahndorf. Before we dine in at Hahndorf Inn, we visited to beerenberg farm which is just a few kilometers away from hahndorf Inn. Once again, this is not the right season for us to pick strawberry~! However I managed to bought myself some jam produced by the farm itself and it is quite cheap, 3 little jam cost me only AUD 1.00~! I choose for three different flavour: strawberry, orange & blueberry. Hopefully these will taste nice.

Hahndorf Inn is popular with their "pork" dish. We've learnt a lesson from past experience and for this time 9 of us just ordered for 3 plate of "A Taste of Germany Platter".

My journey today ended at hahndorf inn. I enjoyed my day with everyone today~!!!

No comments: